Skip to content Skip to menu Skip to footer

Are you a Non-EU National?

In order to work in Ireland a non-EEA National, unless they are exempted, must hold a valid Employment Permit. The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment administers the Employment Permits system. Detailed information on work permits, Highly Skilled Eligible Occupations List, etc. is available on internet websites:

Employment Permits - DETE (

Please note: Childcare workers and the vast majority of hospitality jobs (with an exception of experienced chefs) are listed under the Ineligible List of Occupations - DETE ( and are  not eligible for work permits in Ireland.


Critical Skill work permit: If you have any of the critical skills listed on the eligible occupations list  ( e.g. Nursing and Midwifery Professionals, Engineering Professionals),   you or your Irish employer can apply for a critical skills work permit.

If you are a Nursing and Midwifery Professional: email your CV to:

If you are a Construction or Engineering Professional: email your CV to: