The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for assisting in all Energoinvest Reach Active (ERA) commercial matters to ensure protection of the financial and contractual interests from the conception of a project through to final completion in line with commercial policy and defined procedures. The appointed person will provide professional advice and work effectively with the teams responsible for the project(s), to achieve a product of high quality but will minimise the risk to ERA and will maximise the profit-making opportunities.
- To co-ordinate and support all projects within ERA.
- • Ensure that all financial reporting, control measures and surveying duties throughout the life of all projects undertaken, are carried out in accordance with the Company’s procedures and within timescales dictated by the Project and Senior Management.
- • Ensure that all contractual issues throughout the life cycle of projects are developed in line with the Company procedures, in a manner which minimises contractual risks, including liaison with Senior Management where appropriate to achieve this.
- • Provide timely advice to Senior Management, the Client and other applicable parties in respect of contractual and financial strategy and procurement options.
- • Ensure that all external invoices and payments are administered to maximise the project(s) cashflow.
- • Prepare proposals for submission to Clients, encompassing the Company’s current pricing, risk analysis and presentation principles.
- • Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System.
- • Ensure compliance with all the agreed Client’s requirements in respect of financial reporting and advice for all projects undertaken.
- • Prepare any financial or quality audits carried out.
- • Ensure the training and general development of any Quantity Surveyor’s employed.
- • Always promote and enhance the Company’s reputation in the marketplace, particularly in respect of liaison with third parties.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- • Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of Trenching & Ducting, Substation and Overhead Lines
- • Experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, certificates and accruals calculations
- • Good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis
- • Ability to challenge resources and costs
- • Experience in negotiating the cost of projects
- • Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to work independently
- • Have excellent IT skills and in particular with Microsoft Excel
- • Ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Recognised Commercial or Quantity Surveying degree (or equivalent)
Nice to have
- Experience of Quantity Surveying in respect of general construction/ Mechanical and Electrical or Telecommunications installations would be an advantage.
- Chartered status or as a member of an applicable Professional Institute (i.e., RICS, ICE or CIOB for example)
- Training provided
- Career Progression/Development Programme
- Continuing Professional Development Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Holidays – 25 days from 2023
- Company Vehicle and Fuel Card
- Company Equipment, e.g., Laptop, Mobile phone
Must have a recognised Commercial or Quantity Surveying degree (or equivalent)