VikingGenetics is extending the Nordic VikingEmbryo program, starting up industrial IVF Embryo production in Denmark. This is your Opportunity to work in an international multidisciplinary team in the leading edge of bovine reproduction biotechnology. The working environment in VikingGenetics differs significantly from traditional academic settings like institutes, universities, or research labs, resembling instead a high-capacity industrial production facility.
Our Embryologist will establish, and develop a new IVF, OPU and ET laboratory in Assentoft, Denmark.
Your main tasks will be:
- Lead and develop our new IVF lab and the day-to-day technical operations.
- Monitor the achievement of forecasted production goals.
- Develop and oversee laboratory procedures, including MOET lab, IVM, sperm prep, IVF, IVC of embryos, cryopreservation and loading and delivery of fresh and frozen embryos.
- Serve as the substance competence expert and resource for the international VikingEmbryo production team and support and educate team members.
- Be a key resource for laboratory process development, remaining proactive in communication and identifying opportunities for optimized performance.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and ET Specialist Vets to develop production plans, forecasts, and support VikingEmbryo program development.
- Work with the Technical Manager and ET veterinary team to analyze the reproductive performance of IVF embryos.
- Together with the Technical Manager, lead the deployment of new techniques and technologies to the commercial IVF embryo program.
- Integrally co-operate and collaborate with the VikingDanmark ET Team and VG Genetic Development department in building one VikingEmbryo process chain across organizations and departments.
VikingGenetics in Assentoft, Randers will be a primary workplace but 2 – 3 days a week, you will be doing routine production on donor stations in the region.
Travel days must be expected-
We offer you:
We provide an exciting position that offers both professional and personal development. We value initiative, engagement, enthusiasm, responsibility, and a balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- University or university of applied sciences degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedicine or a relevant field of study.
- Advanced Degree (e.g. MS or PhD) in a relevant field is preferred.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver's license.
We expect you to have:
- Previous laboratory experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team-centric, detail-orientated, and highly organized
- Experience in leading, training, and developing lab functions.
- Collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary teams, independently under pressure with deadlines.
- Preferred expertise in reproductive cells, tissues, and experience in cell culture and embryology.