Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So, join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs, and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a safer and greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to safety and environmental responsibility / sustainability including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets, and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity and Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do. We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services' success depends on our people, and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today.
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intel's production capacity in Europe and plans to develop two first of their kinds semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. Planning has started, with construction expected to begin in the first half of 2023 and production planned to come online in 2027, pending European Commission approval.
As an Environmental Engineer, reporting directly to the Magdeburg site EHS Manager, you will be you will be part of an overall site Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) team, where diversity and inclusion is valued. Specifically, along with other environmental engineers, you will be responsible for the planning, permitting, development, co-ordination, continuous improvement and management of site environmental programs, such as waste/ground/surface water, air emissions, hazardous and non- hazardous waste, noise etc. You will have responsibility for the compliance of all applicable environmental regulations, government requirements and Intel policies for air and or water, waste, or other environmental programs.
Candidates will work regular work week (RWW) and should expect to be contacted out of hours as business needs dictate.
A successful candidate may be required to work approx. a six-month EU factory assignment before permanently relocating to the Magdeburg Site.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- This role entails intensive planning and design efforts in various areas of this function, for this project and related projects
- Playing a key role in sustaining the site Environmental Management System and compliance with the site Environmental Licence and ISO14001 standard. This includes upkeep of the system. documentation, the implementation of the EMS improvement program, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Understand how all environmental programs work by supporting all Environmental Engineers at the site with a view to becoming a primary owner for one of the environmental media programs, with additional responsibility as secondary owner for other programs.
- Influencing organizations to maintain environmental performance and limit Intel's environmental footprint.
- Teaming with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and global level to share learnings, increase innovation and drive synergy throughout Intel.
- Partnering with site, regional and global stakeholders to increase environmental awareness, tracking, analyzing and reporting environmental indicators and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Preparing and submitting required environmental reports, indicators, permit applications/modifications with high degree of quality.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory agencies. Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education and engineering judgment.
- Support accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Analyze data, identify trends, and define focus areas.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills.
- Customer service.
- Skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at different levels of the organization.
- Skills to facilitate out-of-the-box thinking that delivers innovative solutions.
- Skills to deliver results on-time and within budget.
- Skills to adopt and continuously improve standards and best-known-methods regardless of their source.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a core EHS or science related discipline and have completed a Masters degree in either an Env, Safety, IH discipline or science related field.
- And 4+ years of direct work experience in an industrial EHS role.
Een pre om te hebben
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- Coursework or relevant work experience relating to environmental regulations, sampling, emission data analysis and report writing.
- Knowledge of German and Saxony-Anhalt State regulatory requirements in Air, Wastewater or Waste
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees, engineering peers and to management.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical and scientific competence in the application of the EHS fundamentals e.g., recognition, evaluation, control, and prevention of occupational safety, health, and environmental hazards.
- Utilize effective oral and written communications to interact with customers around EHS matters.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change due to the dynamic nature of the business.
- Knowledge of EHS Management Systems, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, and their practical application to industry.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- High level of personal integrity to handle confidential information.
- Semi-conductor business acumen.