Over dit evenement
Are you a qualified professional with experience or training in:
- IT / Engineering?
- Science, R&D?
- Hotel & Catering?
- Transports & Logistics?
Have you ever thought about Germany as a career destination?
Take this chance to Make it in Germany!
Save the place and dates:
Lisbon (ISCTE – Lisbon University Institute)
- November 7th 2017 (Tuesday), from 10 am to 6 pm (GMT)
- November 8th 2017 (Wednesday), only for pre-scheduled interviews
This is an opportunity for you to meet and contact German employers in the sectors listed above and gain some valuable insight into how to succeed in the German labour market. Get tips and tricks on how to search for a job, when and where to learn the German language, as well as information about living and working in Germany.
The event Make it in Germany - Lisbon 2017 will give you a full support package for your job search in Germany. You will be able to:
- apply before the event for jobs fitting your profile: only by doing so will you have the chance to be invited for one or more interviews;
- on November 7th
- make first contact with German employers and EURES Advisers, in person at the event and/or online;
- take advantage of the Programme, also to be streamed live, which includes company presentations on their recruitment needs and information about learning the language and living and working in Germany.
- on November 8th
- take part in previously arranged on-the-spot (or online) recruitment interviews with employers
(If you live more than 50km away from Lisbon, travel expenses for taking part in the interviews may be secured).
Registration will give you access to the full range of features on offer, as well as regular updates on this, and other online and onsite European Job Day events.
How to get to ISCTE
ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (Lisbon University Institute)
Avenida das Forças Armadas
Phone: +351 21 790 30 00
GPS coordinates: Latitude 38.748753 Longitude 9.153692
The best way to get to ISCTE-IUL is the public transport network, but here's some information about all the available options to help you decide which type of transport suits you best:
By Subway (Metro)
Take the yellow line and get off at Entre Campos station. Walk about 150m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At Entre Campos roundabout turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
Here is the link to the subway (metro) map.
By Bus (Carris)
Bus lines and nearest stops:
Take the Bus number 701 or 754. Get off at the bus stop Faculdade de Farmácia (upper part of Forças Armadas Avenue). Walk down the avenue. The entry to ISCTE-IUL is about 50m far, on your left.
Other Bus lines and stops within walking distance
- 731 - Hospital de Santa Maria
- 755 - Cidade Universitária
- Aero-Bus (from Lisbon International Airport) - first stop at Entre Campos
Here is the link to the bus lines, routes and timetables.
By Train (CP)
1. If you are travelling from the Greater Lisbon area, take the Azambuja line. Get off at Entre Campos station and choose the Avenida da República exit. Walk about 250m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At the Entre Campos roundabout, turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
2. If you’re travelling from out Lisbon with Alfa Pendular or Intercidades and your train doesn´t stop at Entre Campos station: get off at Oriente station and take the subway (right beneath the train station). Take the red line towards S. Sebastião up to Saldanha station, change to the yellow line heading to Odivelas and get off at Entre Campos station. Then follow the steps mentioned above.
Take note: CP offers significant discounts on all Alfa Pendular and Intercidades if tickets are purchased 8 or more days beforehand (up to a maximum of 60 days).
Check GPS Coordinates and the Google Map above. Drive up Forças Armadas Avenue heading to Sete Rios. Enter the parking lot located on your right approximately 100m from the bottom of the avenue.
Lisbon Airport has a subway station with a direct line to the city centre. The Aeroporto – Saldanha line takes you to downtown Lisbon in about 20 minutes.
To reach ISCTE-IUL by subway take the red line up to Saldanha station, then change to the yellow line heading to Odivelas and get out at Entre Campos station. Walk about 150m towards Entre Campos roundabout. Turn left at Entre Campos roundabout to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be to your right halfway up on the avenue.
The Aero-Bus which runs from Lisbon International Airport has its first stop at Entre Campos.
If you choose to take a taxi, you can usually find one outside the airport and near the main subway or train stations.
As ISCTE is not too far from the Airport and the City Centre, taxis are an affordable transport option, even with the luggage fees which may be charged separately by the driver.
Depending on traffic and whether you depart from the airport or within the city, the journey to ISCTE-IUL should take between 10-20 min and costi between 10 and 20 euros, including luggage fees.
Getting ready for the event
- Register as a jobseeker (participation is free of charge, but previous registration is mandatory, since limited places are available)
- Study and analyse the available information on the participating companies, their main projects and recruitment needs
- Search for the jobs you are interested in and apply to those matching your profile
Participating companies may invite you for one or more recruitment interviews on November 7th or 8th. If you are pre selected for interview, you will get a notification from the employer(s) concerned, outlining possible time slots for the interview. You should reply to this notification as soon as possible.
For further info on how to apply for a job and schedule an interview, watch this video.
- It will also prove useful to monitor the workshops and company presentations listed on the November 7th Programme on a regular basis, as it’s possible they may be updated
- Get ready, select the companies you want to approach, collect information about them, identify the questions you want to place, anticipate possible questions by the employer
- You should also prepare by selecting the companies which interest you, carrying out research into them, preparing the questions you wish to ask and anticipating the questions they are likely to ask you
During the day(s):
Our advice is that you set the whole of November 7th aside in order to take advantage of the information and advice on offer
l Although the ideal approach is for you to apply for jobs before the day itself, you should always carry a few printed CVs in English or German - they may be useful when approaching the Exhibitors
When approaching the company stands, it is vital that you create the best possible impression. This involves demonstrating a firm grasp of spoken German or English and a positive and assertive attitude. You should also be able to display proven knowledge of the companies in question and their current main projects. Attention to detail of this kind will make all the difference when it comes to creating the maximum positive impact
Make sure you arrive on time for any pre-scheduled interview
- Minimum requirements:
- a PC / laptop, tablet or smartphone with access to the internet (stable wifi or cable connection) and speakers / headphones
- for online interviews: a webcam + headsets with microphone + (ideally) Skype setup
- Check the final version of the Programme the day before the event; watch the presentations which may be of interest to you and ask questions on the chat
- Make sure you connect on time for any pre-scheduled interview.
Visit www.europeanjobdays.eu/make-it-germany-lisbon-2017 regularly for further updated information.