Skip to content Skip to menu Skip to footer

Work permits

If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and plan to stay in Finland longer than 90 days, you need to register your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri). You can do this at Finnish Immigration Service’s service points: International House Helsinki or Malmi (Helsinki). If you are a citizen of a Nordic country (Denmark, Iceland, Norway or Sweden), you shall register your residency at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency 

If you are not a citizen of an EU Member State, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Iceland or Norway, in most cases you need to apply for a residence permit when you are moving to Finland. Information about residence permits and how to apply: