Founded in Ireland in 1954, ABP Food Group is a global food producer supplying high quality beef and lamb for the retail, foodservice and manufacturing sectors. We work alongside a network of over 45,000 farmers, across Ireland, Poland & the UK and help contribute an estimated €1.3bn each year into the rural economies in which we operate. As our business has evolved, we have widened our focus beyond food production. Sustainability is at the core of everything that we do and as such our meat processing is supported by three complementary divisions: renewables, proteins and pet foods. This unique circular economy allows us to minimise waste by utilising our by-products across our other divisions. This reinforces our vision to secure a more sustainable future for everyone.
At ABP, we are committed to people who are aligned to our core values and passionate about our industry. With over 4000 employees across Ireland and Poland, our people are integral to how we do business. It’s imperative that we are as dedicated to our team as they are to us. No matter what stage of their career we empower our people to take ownership in their roles. We are committed to developing and upskilling our people across all areas of our business, leading the change and bringing the next generation of leaders join us at the forefront.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Personnel to join our growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. You will receive in house training working closely with a Health & Safety Manager. Your ability to learn and perform within this role, will be progressed by offering qualification opportunities through external training bodies & third level institutions to develop your skills and competencies.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Good Communication skills
- The drive, confidence and resilience to get things done.
- Problem solving skills & new ideas
- Establish a good working relationship with colleagues
- IT competent
As part of the Health and Safety Team you will be required to:
- Carry out site daily inspections to monitor operations and procedures are being executed correctly on site with effective communication.
- Assist in accident investigation & follow ups.
- Monitor site training requirements, organise training & keep training matrix up to date
- Ensure all Health & Safety documentation have correct detail, signed off & filed away correctly.
- Conduct Tool Box Talks.
- Assist in all aspects of the Site Emergency Plan.
- Help prepare Health and Safety Policies & SOPs.
- Help carry out risk assessments, identify how risk could be reduced & produce reports to suggest improvements.
- Complying weekly & monthly reports
- Attending & minute taking at Safety & Lean meeting
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a challenging career with one of Europe’s leading privately owned agri-business organisations