Howden Maintenance Partners is specialized in maintenance and repair of rotating machines (electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, industrial fans, blowers, ...), transformers and turbomachinery (centrifugal compressors, piston compressors and steam turbines). Curious about our company? Take a quick look at our website www.maintenancepartners.com As a mechanical technician/mechanic you are responsible for the disassembly and assembly of mechanical rotating machines (pumps-gearboxes-fan bearings) of our customers that have to be repaired by Maintenance Partners. Technical problems are always a challenge for you: you like to assist in the search for solutions and you also get to work yourself to get the problem solved.
The Big Picture:
The CNC Machinist is responsible for managing CNC equipment from setup to operation and producing parts from different resources. Collective Bargaining Agreement language applies to this position.
What needs to be done?
· Review all manufacturing paperwork in packets or at work-site for machining directions. Advises supervisor of problems associated with material quality or piece count, tooling, operation, etc.
· Sets up and operates one or more CNC machines simultaneously to manufacture a variety of parts in support of production schedules and perform various operations within the machine tools.
· Makes machine and tooling changes, adjustments, and calibrations required to maintain design tolerances.
· Performs and documents all visual and instrument inspections, as required, using a variety of inspections gauges and tools to ensure that tolerances and quality requirements satisfactory.
· Performs all necessary duties of the classification, including material handling when required.
· Perform in-process quality checks and accurately fills out all Quality and Production associated documentation.
· Safely operates overhead crane, hoist, or handcart to obtain parts, tooling, fixtures, etc. necessary for a machining operation, per job requirements.
· Operates overhead crane equipped with pendant or radio control to transport or position materials, parts, supplies, units, etc. Selects proper rigging to be used and assists where required by the size or shape of the load.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area by performing such duties as returning tooling, parts, and equipment to proper storage, wiping off the machine, disposing of trash, and broom sweeping work areas.
· Observes plant rules and safe working practices.
High School Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
· Open to any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Moderate computer literacy
What will you get in return :
* A company where people are central: you get freedom and responsibility
* An attractive salary in line with the market, with extra-legal benefits (pension savings, eco cheques, flex plan, etc.)
* The necessary space for your creativity and autonomy
* An environment that truly believes in training and personal development and goes flat out for deepening and enriching
* An ambitious company in an international organisation, where not only the customer but also the employee is central
* An optimal balance between work and private life
* Passionate and driven colleagues
* Always the best equipment and work clothes
* Original, fun teambuilding activities