We are recruiting for an Assistant General Manager within our tapas restaurants in Dublin City Centre. This is a senior leadership role within the company, and will assist the General Manager in leading all site operations, manage all departments on site, encourage and inspire company change management initiatives to continually improve service and efficiency. Excellent people management and organisational skills are key operational requirements for this role.
The main responsibilities are:
- Manages and controls the daily operations of the venue within the policies and guidelines set forth by the company.
- Responsible for labour costs of the site, ensuring the effective scheduling of staff and reviews schedules in terms of coverage and adherence to budget guidelines.
- Understands stock control and addresses any stock issues without delay in a proactive manner.
- Work closely with the kitchen to ensure quality food service standards are delivered.
- Strives to continually improve customer and employee satisfaction and maximise the financial performance in areas of direct responsibility.
- Innovative and creative in driving the business and thus increasing revenue.
- Creates an environment which encourages good teamwork and morale among the team and to have pride and commitment in their work.
- Maintain a professional company image, including cleanliness, appropriate work attire and appearance standards.
- Ensure adherence to cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to include maintaining appropriate stock of spirits, beer and other bar or restaurant products.
- Complete financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies.
- Recruit, interview and hire team management members, train, supervise and motivate them. Address any performance or conduct issues promptly in line with HR guidelines and support.
- Ensure a safe working and customer environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents, and follow appropriate procedures for any accidents or near misses, and collate all relevant statements, CCTV, etc…
The successful candidate should have:
- Restaurant management experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to lead restaurant operations with a track record of delivering financial results, customer satisfaction, staff retention and employee engagement.
- Proven track record of stock management and the ability to deliver budgeted cost percentages.
- Proven track record of labour management and the ability to achieve required labour targets.
- Excellent people management and communication skills, previous people management experience is a requirement of this role.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work and employee engagement.
- Good knowledge and experience of health and safety standards.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Qualification in a hospitality/restaurant management or relevant business management qualification may be an advantage.
Available to work full time in Ireland