ADEM (Agence pour le développement de l'emploi) is the national employment agency and is the contact point for jobseekers and employers. The public employment service is placed under the authority of the Ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy, has its main office in Luxembourg city and several regional agencies (Diekirch, Esch-sur-Alzette, Differdange, Dudelange, Wiltz and Wasserbillig).
ADEM has several functions such as:
- publishing job vacancies;
- allocating unemployment benefits and assist jobseekers in their jobsearch.
But ADEM also helps employers to:
- search and hire jobseekers;
- train an apprentice;
- hire a disabled worker;
- hire a worker benefitting from an external redeployment decision;
- hire a young person;
- hire a third country national (work permit);
- help find job protection measures to avoid layoffs.