Kitchen Porter - Job Description
Purpose of job:
Performs a combination of tasks involving fetching and carrying, cleaning and basic food preparation.
Responsible to: The General Manager or Head Chef.
Responsible for: No subordinate staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the receiving and storage of deliveries including food, disposables and equipment.
- Deliveries daily requisitions from stores to the kitchen.
- Ensures that there is a clean supply of food preparation equipment at all times
- Cleans and dries food preparation equipment in accordance with the company’s hygiene, health and safety procedures.
- Cleans all large kitchen equipment according to the cleaning schedule.
- Provides emergency cleaning when required.
- Adopts a clean as you go approach.
- At end of service cleans the kitchen areas according to the cleaning schedule.
- Empties and cleans out waste- bins as required.
- Maintains the outside bin areas on a regular basis to ensure the prevention of pests.
- Reports equipment and maintenance to the head chef or catering manager.
- Cleans, washes and dries dishes, cutlery and glassware by hand or machine.
- Prepares vegetable for cooking.
- Attends training courses when required.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.