The Substation Electrical Engineer will perform duties covered within their voltage level approvals from LV to HV. They will be responsible for the job instruction as issued to them by the PICW (Person In Charge of Work). Installation of electrical infrastructure some of which includes: transformers, switchgear and cables.
Ensure installation works are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
Условия на работата
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Compliance with PSCS Regulation requirements.
- Compliance with relevant company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with client’s requirements..
- Adherence to HSQE Briefs, safety documentation and PPE relevant to substation installation tasks.
- Installation of electrical infrastructure including AIS & GIS HV/LV switchgear, transformers, cables, control and protection, metering, light and power cabling and connection of mobile generators.
- Erection of steelwork for all equipment.
- Value engineering.
- Industry best practices.
- Delivery in line with the programme requirements
- Request/Receive Operational Documentation.
- Testing for loss of voltage
- Replacing old and erecting new equipment/hardware
- Splicing and terminating conductors to client spec.
- Fitting and removing network earths.
- Quality control of his / her work area
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in the power industry with 5 or more years’ experience on LV/MV/HV Networks
- Proven experience within a similar role on major projects.
- Have the ability to carry out work instructions issued to them by their line manager.
- Provide training records/authorisations to verify their qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Electrical Engineering NVQ/Diploma
- Current Safe pass.
- Current Manual Handling Training
- Current First Aid Training
- Current MEWP Training
- Current Full Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working on ESB’s network within Ireland
- Experience on HV networks 20kV and 38kV,110kV AND 220kV