Experience the Norwegian Arctic Summer as a Tour Guide on the Beautiful Lofoten Islands
Here at Arctic Guide Service we offer various tours throughout Lofoten for the customers from all over the world. Therefore we're looking for guides - enthusiastic, service-minded and willing to offer the best possible holiday experience.
The season runs from mid-May to late September, 2023. It’s preferable that you are available the whole period, and there is a possibility to prolong the contract during the off-season (Autumn, Winter, Spring). Guiding takes place mostly on buses all over Lofoten, though some walking tours and light hikes may be expected. Free training will be provided. We also provide a wealth of information on which you can base your guiding, but we expect you to work on this material to make it your own, and to further develop it through independent research.
The salary per month is flexible and depends on multiple factors: how much you're willing to work, whats' your experience in guiding, what are your language skills, if you're willing to work on weekends e.t.c.
We're looking for guides who:
- (mandatory) are fluent in German and English , plus one or more of the following languages: French and/or Italian and/or Norwegian
- can present information in an entertaining way
- are service-minded and interact well with people
- are flexible, friendly and approachable
- are responsible, reliable and communicates professionally
- have a thirst for knowledge and learn quickly
Nice to have
We want to offer our guests more than just a dry repetition of facts, so experience in theatre/story-telling/radio/voice-over is a definite advantage, as is previous guiding experience. Experience with hikes, just as First Aid course would also be and advantage.
- Possibility to discover and work through out all Lofoten archipelago
- Flexibility: the amount of working hours is flexible (with a given minimum), so you can define yourself whether you'd like to have some more free time or more jobb during the season
- Competitive salary: our minimum rate is higher then in a range of companies in tourism industries. There's ability to grow in hourly salary to the next season. Also if you're an experienced guide, we can possibly offer you a higher hourly rate from the start.
- Assistance with looking for acomodation here: we can give you useful tips, provide with local chanels for houserental and assist you with the search itself
- Free training before the season, as well as all basic information to start working in Lofoten
We're looking for candidates that are at least 18 y.o.