At Norwegian Guide Service (NGS) we believe that guiding is more than a job. It is an opportunity to bring people, places and stories together and make a memorable experience out of it. As a guide company we specialize in providing guides to cruise ship passengers visiting Bergen. Our main client European Cruise Service is the leading operator in Norway. Together we strive to set the standard of service in the industry.
As a tour guide you will be in charge of a group of guests and their experience of Bergen and the surrounding fjords. Usually, you take them on very specific routes designed to give them the opportunity to see different faces of Bergen and the West Norwegian coast.
As a guide you need to carry out the assigned tours, either on foot or by bus. You need to take care of your group, be responsible for your guests safety and giving them a memorable experience.
You are expected to be reliable, on time, to have a good communication with your co-workers and the office staff, to respect the company's guidelines and expectations.
What makes you confident in your work is that:
- you have excellent language skills (English plus one or more of the following: German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian - other languages are also an advantage)
- you are service minded and flexible
- you are always looking for opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- you have good communication and social skills
- you have a genuine curiosity and interest for Norwegian nature, culture and history
Nice to have
- ability to speak several languages
- good skills for speaking in public
- prior guiding experience, though not mandatory
- an exciting and enriching work experience
- learn and practice useful and marketable skills
- free education and certification
- career-opportunities within a developing network of companies
- possibility to return season after season
- working in a multicultural, lively city with many opportunities to spend your leisure time and enjoy a new place, while earning money
You must have a working permit for Norway.