We are looking for skilled and experienced Chefs to work with us during the winter season 2020-21. Employment will commence around November until March or April. As winter is our peak season, working days can be very busy.
We require the following:
- Efficient cooking skills and good command in food presentation.
- Organizing kitchen with all needed equipment and ensure all meals prepared well in timely manner.
- Following recipes as per Finnish and International standards.
- Special attention to details in cooking with dietary requirements.
- Support in all areas of Kitchen.
- Assisting with food orders and receivables.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and work areas.
- Positive attitude in highly stressful situations.
- Handling guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Flexible in working different shifts.
- Good customer service skills.
- Proven work experience as Cook / Sous Chef.
- Good command over cooking techniques.
- Culinary school Education.
- Relevant work experience.
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is one of Finland's best-known and most talked about travel destinations. This family business, founded in 1974, is in Saariselkä, Lapland. Kakslauttanen hosts around 30,000 visitors each year, many of them from abroad. The guests include several high-profile visitors, media, and international filming crews. Among others, Kakslauttanen has served as the location for Ralph Lauren and Vogue fashion shoots, the new TV show from Top Gear creators, The Grand Tour, Sports Illustrated as well as hundreds of travel programs. During the winter season, the hotel employs over 100 people from 25 different countries. The working language at the hotel is English.
We offer a chance for a unique international life and work experience in the middle of Lapland's wilderness. With us, you will be involved in developing our business as well as yourself.