We are seeking an experienced Microbiologist for our clients Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland. Our client, a major player in the global life science sector is looking for an experienced microbiologist to join their expanding facility in Mayo. This is a permanent role and you will join a busy and progressive company.
You will be welcomed into a highly personable environment which is designed to enable professionals to make a major contribution to the development of pharmaceutical products and therapies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary which will be accompanied with health insurance, pension contribution and life assurance. Furthermore, your new employer will provide extensive training and support.
You shall be reporting to the Microbiology Department Manager.
The main duties & responsibilities shall be;
- GMP Compliance.
- Protocol writing
- Disinfectant Efficacy Testing and Validation
- Perform Endotoxin testing, Sterility testing, Efficacy of Antimicrobial Effectiveness test, Environmental Monitoring, Water testing, Microbial Limit testing, Bioburden testing.
- Qualification/Validation of test methods
- Carry out Quality Control Checks
- Assist in Laboratory Investigations
- Trending of Laboratory Data
- Update SOP's as required
- Provides training to other members of the Microbiology team as required.
- Proactively identifies and implements Laboratory process improvements.
The following are minimum requirements related to the position;
- BSc. in a relevant science discipline
- Hands on work experience in a regulated Microbiology Laboratory.
- Experience in Disinfectant Efficacy Testing and Validation
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a GMP environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaboration and Teamwork. Maintains the highest standards of ethical behavior
- Results and performance driven
- Strong analytical ability and associated problem solving
- Good time management and attention to detail
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of Word, Excel etc.
Private health insurance