Traditional Meat Company (TMC) is a beef processing company with decades of experience in the processing and export of quality beef to niche high-end markets across Europe. Our key differentiator in our industry is our ability to maintain a close relationship with our clients and build on this to provide bespoke services that deliver to their needs and specifications. We are expanding our operations into new markets and looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager to join us on an exciting journey to explore and conquer these new markets, while maintaining the world-class services we are known for, in order to drive the creation of long-term value and business growth for the company”.
Reporting directly to the Senior Management Team this individual will primarily be responsible for identifying and building our business in new and existing markets, negotiating, and closing deals in those markets with a view to achieving sustainable revenue growth.
The ideal candidate will have responsibility for sales (managing the sales cycle from lead generation to negotiation and closing of deals) as well as identifying and prospecting potential clients in new markets, working with the relevant in-house teams to ensure seamless delivery and maintaining relationships with clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Finding of prospects and leads in target geographic locations and within certain customer segments.
- Drive beef sales in those segments.
- Be actively in involved in the production and creation of product specifications for new customers.
- Liaise with our Dispatch team to ensure timely shipping of product.
- Follow product to arrival at customers delivery address.
- Deliver a top-quality aftersales experience to our customers.
- Fully understand how our products work within our customer’s business and how we can help them.
- Have a hands-on involvement in negotiating transport rates with our transport partners and follow up with our transport department to ensure accuracy of traffic costings.
- Prepare and present various progress and analysis reports.
- Stay up to date with the latest sales trends and best practices
- Proficiency in another European language would be a distinct advantage.
Other such duties as would be reasonably be expected to be part of the duties of a sales executive
Nice to have
- Knowledge of beef cuts (not essential as full training will be provided).
- Must have excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- A relevant third level business / sales & marketing / food agricultural science degree would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in all Microsoft packages.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Agri-food business is a distinct advantage.
- An excellent remuneration package;
- The opportunity to be involved at a hugely exciting growth phase of the business.