We are currently recruiting for a Reception Manager to join the team at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
Your key responsibilities as a Reception Manager will include (but not limited to) manage the Front Office Team and promote the Red Carnation Hotel Standards; ensure high guest service to all guests; ensure check-in, check-out and cash handling procedures are adhered to; lead in the daily operations in the reception and front-of-house areas and focus on training and development of the team.
What are we looking for in a Reception Manager?
- Two to three years management experience in a hotel Front Office
- Proven track record in management of large Front Office team and busy reception desk
- Strong knowledge in room revenue, room allocation, arrival and departure procedures, GDS and PMS systems (i.e. Opera)
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and fluent in English
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong leadership & people management skills
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage workload effectively
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Able to handle guest complaints in a clam and professional manner
- Be enthusiastic & flexible (need to work 5 days over 7 day period, inclusive of some weekends)
If this sounds like the Reception Manager role for you, then apply today and join one of the "Best Hotel Companies in the World"!
We are an equal opportunities employer.
What benefits would you get as a Reception Manager?
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
- Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
- Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third-party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Free meals on duty
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
- “Recommend a Friend” bonus scheme
- Two paid volunteering days each year
Applicants must hold an EU passport/ documents granting the legal right to work in Ireland