The position involves daily profiling and maintenance of appropriate stock levels in accordance with the requirements of the business. This is achieved by forecasting, liaising with suppliers as well as the relevant SIG colleagues to gauge stock requirements. The role will involve interaction with suppliers in relation to sourcing, pricing, and availability of products. It will also involve interaction with transport companies in relation to the movement of inbound goods.
This role is fast paced and requires high levels of organisation, time management and attention to detail.
- Purchasing goods relevant to the business, ensuring maximum availability of key products at all times.
- Daily stock profiling and maintenance.
- Reconciliation of inbound deliveries to purchase orders.
- Processing Purchase Orders and managing Goods in Schedule.
- Ensuring excellent cross functional communication with all SIG colleagues.
- Schedule direct load deliveries to customers in line with company SOP’s.
- Administration of purchasing documentation including maintenance of supplier quotations.
- Resolution of invoice variances.
- Ensure compliance with H&S policy and procedures.
- Experience of Purchasing / Procurement / Supply Chain desirable but not essential.
- Procurement/Supply Chain qualification is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of the purchasing team.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel).
- Strong time management, organisation, and planning ability.
- A proven track record of delivering results against KPI’s.
- Strong customer focus and a commitment to providing a quality service.
- Stock holding targets.
- Stock availability targets.
- KPI metrics relevant to Procurement.
- Internal and External audits.
- Invoice matching variances.
- Reduce holding of Slow-Moving Stock related to your portfolio.
SIG Ireland as part of SIG PLC, is passionate about our Commitment Culture! The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility, agility and be passionate about what they do. We expect that you will make a positive difference when joining SIG Ireland.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Ireland / EU.