AGENCY/RELIEF HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT REQUIRED FOR DUBLIN NORTH
Empath on behalf of our clients are recruiting for Healthcare Assistants in North Dublin area.
Candidates must hold qualifications in:
- QQI Level 5 in Healthcare
- Patient Moving & Handling
- Infection Control
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
About you: Cheerful and compassionate by nature, you will possess sound judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities and be able to pay attention to the details. Reading, writing and communicating clearly in English is vital.
Experience is preferred, minimum 250 hours work experience along with 6 months’ work experience. A respectful and courteous attitude to seniors is required, and weekend availability is highly desirable.
The following skills are also desirable;
- Skill sets that could be value adding to social programmes and activities and willingness to use them.
- Someone that would be a good team member and would respond positively to management and direction.
- Hold a qualification in Healthcare (qualified nurses, physiotherapists can apply)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a similar working environment an advantage
- Be caring, patient, empathetic and have a strong interest in care of the elderly
General Duties and Main Purpose of Job:
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of resident’s needs
- Enable and assist resident to eat and drink and to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable and assist resident to access and use toilet facilities, participating in individual continence promotion programmes
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of resident to maximise their physical comfort
- Promote mobility of resident, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure resident retains optimum mobility
- To work closely with the activity co-ordinator/social care leader of the nursing home and ensure engagement of the residents at arranged activities where possible and suitable.
- To Chaperone/Accompany residents to the hospital or for other appointments when directed by the senior nursing staff
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary