A range of quality restaurants and cafés, mixed with great food, family-friendly menus and a generous sprinkling of excellent service. That’s the recipe for success in our Food and Beverage department.
At Longford Forest, the Food and Beverage department employs around 300 team members across 10 different restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a production kitchen. From Italian and American grills to Indian and Asian Fusion cuisine, or for those wanting a relaxing drink after a busy day, there’s something to suit all appetites at Center Parcs.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR / CHEF DE PARTIE | Circa €30,900 per annum
We are now looking to recruit a Kitchen Supervisor (Chef de Partie) to join our Food and Beverage team.
If you are passionate about food, quality service and would like to work with an employer who is passionate about their people, in a new state of the art kitchen, this senior culinary role is for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting food to agreed Company standards. Working with the Kitchen Manager, you will also help create new menu ideas and ensure that accurate costing and specifications are considered.
Excellent communication skills are required as you will provide general supervision and coaching to all junior staff, ensuring the personal development of the junior team. You will also deputise for the Assistant Kitchen Manager in their absence, supervising the unit chefs to maintain the smooth running of the kitchen.
Other responsibilities will include assisting with the management of the Cost of Sales for your unit through effective use of the company ordering system, stock and portion control and minimising food wastage.
- HACCP qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Supervisor / Chef de Partie in a small establishment or experience in a more junior position within a larger kitchen, including supervisory and training responsibilities
HOURS OF WORK
Working straight-shifts, you will be contracted to work 150 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis. This means your days and hours of work could vary each week, but you will always receive your contracted hours each period.
Your working hours will include evenings, weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and / or New Year on a rota basis, with a premium rate of pay for hours worked on a Sunday.
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work, and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Management / Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
Closing date: 22 November 2022 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: Ongoing