Job ID: 1333
Job Country: Estonia; Denmark; Finland; Norway; Poland; Sweden
Job City: Tallinn; Copenhagen; Gdańsk; Gdynia; Helsinki; Oslo; Stockholm; Warsaw; Łódź
We are looking for a Group Financial Crime Prevention (GFCP) Master Expert to join the “Transaction Monitoring Development and Solutions” team. The successful candidate will contribute to risk identification and mitigation through automated TM controls. This is an opportunity for you to be part of one of the most exciting and challenging efforts going on within Nordea on our journey to fight financial crime.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to “Transaction Monitoring Development and Solutions” team. We add value by securing that our customers and Nordea will not be used in illegal ways that could harm them and as well harm our society where we act. As GFCP Master Expert you will play an important role in fighting against financial crime.
Our team is part of Group Financial Crime Prevention (GFCP), which provides group-wide solutions to fight financial crime in Nordea. Within GFCP, we develop, manage and optimise automated TM controls across all the financial services businesses that together comprise the Nordea Group.
The high focus on Financial Crime in the group gives the appointed candidate a unique and exciting opportunity to continue to create “best in class” TM control solutions and lay the foundations for the future.
What you will be doing:
- Driving Financial Crime initiatives as a Subject Matter Expert, including analysis, reporting, drafting business requirements for automated transaction monitoring controls, and stakeholder engagement;
- Contributing with training and awareness in banking product risks for the wider TM Development & Solutions team;
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes, emerging risks and general information on banking products, financial crime and risk management;
- Represent the organisation with high degree of professionalism and interact with Audit and Regulators;
- Provide guidance on financial crime risk matters in the form of ad-hoc reports and advice;
- Support during the review and optimisation of transaction monitoring controls;
- Collate Business Intelligence to support activities and decision making within the wider TM Development & Solutions team.
The role is based in Estonia or Poland. The position is likely to require some travel to other Nordea international sites on an occasional basis. Welcome to our team where you can bring your talent and engagement to work in an international and dynamic environment
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best- and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that:
- You have a business mindset and you have an in-depth knowledge of banking services / products;
- You are a team player with a positive attitude and want to secure everyone's success in fighting against financial crime;
- You are self-driven, result oriented, and able to operate under pressure in a changing environment.
Your experience and background:
- Excellent understanding of products and customers across any business area and extensive experience within the banking industry, ideally 10+ years.
- Ideally deep experience in one or more of the following: Correspondent Banking, Capital Markets, Trade Finance, AML Utilities
- Experience of assessing and analysing product risks, ideally including Money Laundering risks.
- Excellent analytical, solution and development skills, the ability to identify and articulate the gaps and key issues and then devise practical, cost effective solutions and implementation strategies.
- Strong risk management skills, particularly in terms of risk assessment and prioritisation.
- Good IT knowledge that should include understanding of data sourcing systems.
- A proven track record of delivery, ideally in the context of working complex business areas.
- Strong stakeholder management, both internal and external to Nordea.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, in particular experience of documenting business requirements.
- You are fluent in oral and written English
If it sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 11/11/2021.
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.