M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Fuel Distribution System Operator to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior ADR or Fuelling experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Fuel Distribution System Operator, working in a diverse and exciting environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfil each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure all equipment requiring ADR paperwork has it before travel.
- Carry out inspections of the fuel tank interior, exterior, hydraulic pressure tests, leak-proof tests, inspects the frame or other structural equipment of portable tanks and tank containers as per ADR 2017.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on equipment and generate a DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet) and reports any faults.
- Be able to drive and operate the equipment on site.
- Follow the proper safety procedures to minimise any danger to themselves or other workers.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Comply with all current driving laws and regulations.
- Check loading of the vehicle and ensure that the load is correctly positioned, and the vehicle is not overloaded.
- Drive equipment to staging areas as designated.
- Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team to other work sites.
- Shift work, weekends, mandatory overtime (with proper notice given) and cross-training can be required to meet daily/weekly workload requirements.
- Drive trucks to destination for pickup and delivery based on instructions or directions received, and by using maps or Satellite Navigation (SAT NAV).
- Secure loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged loads at destination.
- Report and receive direction via radio or cellular phone.
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported.
- Be utilised as a crossing guard for inbound/outbound trains after training.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- €250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of €200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.
-Valid driving license
-Valid ADR license
Please note, currently we can only process UK or EU passport holders.