Fork Lift Driver
Hours of Work: Rostered any 5 over 7, including weekends and nights depending on business requirements. There is a night premium and Sunday premium.
Morning - 6 am - 2 pm
Back shift: 2 pm - 10 pm
Nightshift: 10 pm - 6 am
Key Reporting Metrics of this role:
Safety performance, area hygiene, pallet transfers to production, goods In or Loaded depending on work area, Manual loads at zero, Returns area all booked in. Tranship pallets all to the customer on time and on specific load plan as per schedule.
Purpose of the Role
- To work as a Fork Lift Driver (counter balance & reach) in the production, warehouse and yard areas as required.
- To follow instructions as required by the Area Team Leader and Manager to ensure smooth running of the area whilst meeting customer specifications.
- To move pallets of stock/finished product as required using the Keeling’s inhouse Stock control system from warehouse to production and vice versa as required
- To move waste and other as required in the warehouse/production areas.
- To work safely and effectively in the required area to ensure the business is meeting customer specifications.
- Working extremely closely with other departments as required to ensure that we maximise our profitability on these core lines at no detriment to safety and quality.
- Keep the workplace and work practise safe, clean and hygienic.
- Proactively identify and address hazards within the category in the warehouse and Production
- To Operate the FLT in a Safe Manner following all training
- To operate and use inhouse system as trained
- Keep the customer in mind by achieving Delivery on Time (DOT)
- Keep the customer in mind by achieving Delivery Service Level (DSL), no operational shorts no left offs
- Target 0% manual loads
- To load and pick as directed by Manager in the most efficient manner and meet customer specifications.
- Escalating any Health and Safety, Quality or Cost risks as they arise to your Direct Manager.
- Accurate and timely completion of documents as required
- To follow rosters as planned
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Trained and experienced FLT – Counterbalance and Reach driver with proven clean Health & Safety Record
- Flexibility to work shift patterns as required
- Good standard of basic English is essential
- Ability to take on knowledge quickly.
- Open to feedback in order to develop.
- Drive and enthusiasm essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Conduct work in a healthy and safe manner at all times.
- Good level of numeracy essential for planning
Must have FLT license and experience