The overall role of relief Early Years Educator involves working alongside the full time educators to help ensure responsibility for the children attending the service, and the safe and efficient running of the room. Alongside your colleagues, you will be expected to provide a stimulating and varied programme of play, and ensure the safety and well-being of the children in your care.
As a member of the Kid Kare team, your duties can include:
- Adhering to policies and procedures in terms of care, control, safety, and good childcare practice.
- Work alongside full time staff to introduce activities that help support the physical, social, emotional, language, and cognitive development of the children in the room.
- Engage and take part in the activities with the children.
- Use positive reinforcement to help educate the children and encourage them to reach their full potential.
- Communicate with the child in an age-appropriate manner and model good social interactions and behaviour.
- Assist with administration duties; such as daily record keeping, observations, cleaning records, etc.
In the position of Relief staff, your hours can vary as you cover staff members lunches, non-contact time, holiday leave, and sick leave.
Minimum of Level 5 Qualification in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent).
Nice to have
Level 6/7/8 Qualification in Early Childhood Education.
Child Protection training
First Aid training
Pending Garda/police vetting approval