We are in the beginning of our journey on conquering the world of measurement technology and therefore we cannot keep ourselves and our unique technology a secret anymore. Our projects range from real-time analytics, 3D CAD and machine vision to deep learning and closed-loop robotics and they are building blocks for Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing. We enable next-generation zero-waste production and transitioning to electric vehicles.
If you get excited about database development and performance optimization, wish to see the results of your output and love to work with a team of talented, innovative and cheerful people, we just might be what you are looking for!
What is the software team like and what do we do?
The software team consists of 20 professionals and that work with our different software components for hardware interface and running the measurement, lights and cameras, for data analysis and for CAD simulation. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work and grow based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated. Our projects are organized in a Scrum- and Kanban-inspired way, splitting work into epics and user stories. We work mainly with Windows desktop using Microsoft technologies, including WPF and WinForms but we also have our head in the Cloud while working with our AI solutions.
What does a Database engineer at Mapvision do?
In this role, you will develop software for automotive industry quality control systems. The focus for you is our databases. You will be improving the data sharing between our software suites by working on the data structure and harmonization of them. Improving data performance queries will be part of your responsibilities. To make sure that our databases are able to support our software suites optimally and fulfill future business needs, we hope you are capable of bringing our database stack to modern standards and keeping them up to date. As a Database engineer, you will also have a key role in setting up, designing, developing and communicating the database principles to the software team and occasionally supporting external stakeholders in database-related cases.
Our hopes for you as a Mapvisionary
We welcome you as you are because our team is diverse, multicultural and filled with different personalities. What we need is a person who has a solid background in software development with experience in the technologies we use and a suitable mindset to work towards common goals together with their team.
The must-have skillset, which is essential for daily work:
- Deep knowledge in relational, especially currently used PostgreSQL. Experience in SQLite is also an advantage
- Experience in database and query optimization
- Experience in software development in C# (it’s an advantage to also know C++)
- Good communication skills in English, as this is our company language
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing. We offer you the possibility of working in a growing organization with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, with offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide. As our technology combines both software and hardware, you can take a tour of our assembly facilities any time you are at the office and see the software in action!
Besides the above mentioned, we also offer you
- The team and other Mapvisionaries as colleagues - Just amazing!
- Flexibility and trust – For example, we have a flexible remote work policy for you to arrange your work the way you feel is best for you
- Great office environment- If you wish to work at the office, our office is in Konala in newly renovated premises with indoor parking, gym & basketball court, and good connections
- Support and opportunities for self-development
- Regular Development Days for the software team and other company events
- Extensive health care and -insurance
- International culture
- Competitive salary
- Lunch benefit
We got your attention? Excellent, here is what you should do next:
- Apply with your CV. Please mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
- Hang in there! We will read your application and contact you as soon as possible.
The next steps after the first interview in our recruitment process include a coding exercise where you can amaze us with your skills and a team interview where you have the opportunity to meet and chat with your potential future colleagues.
We will fill the position once we find the right person for the role.