Reachactive are seeking a cable puller within our growing Electrical contracts with ESB throughout Ireland, with the first phase of works taking place in the Northeast area. We are looking for an individual who is willing to travel to multiple locations, company transportation will be provided from base location.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for setting up and pulling of underground cables MV/LV from substations to mini pillars and customer cut outs.
- Meet defined production targets.
- Follow instruction from the PICW /Team Leader.
- To ensure the safety of yourself, the workforce, public and any other person affected by your duties and responsibilities.
- To follow task briefings and appropriate safe systems of work and ensure that Company policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Complete all training as identified by the company.
- Ad hoc duties that may arise.
Nice to have
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience in the setting up of drum cable carriers and cable pulling.
- Experience with all different types of trenching and ducting.
- Experience in understanding and following Network drawings.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (outdoors site environment).
- Commitment to health and safety
- Good knowledge of OH & UG electrical network. (HV, MV & LV)
- Ability to mentor and train trainees and inexperienced personnel.
- Experienced with all types of ducting.
- Experience within the utilities sector.
- Very good English language skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a Team.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills.
- Training provided
- Career Progression/Development Programme
- Continuing Professional Development Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Holidays – 25 days from 2023