At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
We are looking for an established practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
Collaborating in a team of highly skilled people, each with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery; you will need to communicate your ideas to your colleagues effectively, and articulate them to other internal stakeholders.
Collaborating and delivering on the promises of heavily experiential UI designs, often attempting what has not been attempted before; delivering the future of digital engagements with today’s technologies. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and constantly seek to improve client deliverables and team learning.
Located in either Copenhagen, Denmark, or Aarhus, Denmark, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Work hands-on with the development of a range of solutions including website, web apps, CI pipelines, micro services.
- Work closely with others departments to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Contribute to the overall team knowledge base by sharing proof of concept (POCs), articles and other contents during technical presentations.
- Help provide technical answers to solve client problems.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience with Node.js / React.js / Vue.js environments and development
- Knowledge of the SPA / SSR / Jamstack concepts, and frameworks like Next.js and Gatsby.js.
- Knowledge of advanced animation techniques (CSS, SVG, springs, canvas...).
- Committed to performance, code quality, good practice and delivering high end products.
- Experienced with the GIT and its related tooling (branching flow, CLI commands etc.).
- Familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Open minded and collaborative attitude.
- Detail oriented when it comes to design implementations
- Understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Comfortable with the trade-offs of using different engineering solutions to a problem, favoring pragmatism over idealism.
- You have a collaborative spirit and you make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
- You proactively plan your activities according to goals and deadlines, while always ensuring a high level of quality.
- You demonstrate awareness and care about analytics and KPIs to improve the interface performance and a high level of accountability through the whole project lifecycle.
- Nice to have: Experience working with design tools such as Sketch or Figma; Experience with design systems and it’s tooling (Storybook); Knowledge of Cloud Solutions (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS) and devops tools (Docker, Kubernetes); Experience working with Netlify or Vercel; Development of 3D experiences (ThreeJS, Unity, Blender etc.); and Experience with CI, CD and / or Unit Testing.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.