We are proud to say that Bartra Healthcare is a group of premium quality nursing homes each of which provides individualised care in a safe, friendly and comfortable environment where all of the needs of our residents are met.
Being a great place to work is the difference between being a good company and a great company and we strive every day to nurture a culture of honesty, respect, enthusiasm and team work.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Activities Co-Ordinator for our Northwood Residential Home, Santry, Dublin 9.
€13.00 per hour.
37.5 hours per week.
5 days across Monday to Sunday.
The aim of this role is to enhance the quality of the resident’s well-being by providing stimulating pastimes and facilitate residents to reach their artistic and creative potential in an encouraging and supportive environment.
- To identify the social activity preferences and needs of each resident.
- To maintain and update individual social activity plans for each resident.
- To plan the daily social activity programme and facilitate external providers to ensure value for the residents.
- To motivate care staff to be actively involved in the delivery of the social activity programme.
- To communicate effectively with the staff nurse regarding the well-being of residents to take part in social activity
- To develop a good rapport with the relative / friends of the residents where appropriate.
- To ensure all staff/residents and families are aware of planned activities
- To manage volunteers and monitor materials and equipment needed for the activity program and inform the Social Care Leader when stocks are low i.e. beauty therapy, mass host, musical equipment, art supplies etc.
- To keep abreast of new developments in care of older persons social activity programmes
- To liaise with the Social Care Leader and DON with regards to outings for the residents.
- To assist with fund raising events when required by the Social Care Leader or DON.
- To contribute to the management meeting when requested.
- To act as an ambassador for the Nursing Home at all times
- Free parking
- Uniform provided by Bartra Healthcare
- Partly-subsidised lunches
- Sonas training is desired but not essential
Bartra Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €13.00 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Food allowance
- Free or subsidised travel
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santry, Dublin, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (preferred)
- Ireland (required)
Application deadline: 06/10/2022
Reference ID: NTHPERMFTACT290922
Expected start date: 17/10/2022
View public job page
Have the right to work in EU