This is an excellent opportunity for a a Project Manager (PM) to join our clients team. Based in Galway, with the option to work remotely also. This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to further develop their Project Management skills and experience, and progress towards an exciting and rewarding career in Project Management.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be involved in a wide range of projects, from initial feasibility assessments to Project Management of the design and delivery of construction projects, across a variety of sectors, including commercial development, residential, education, and leisure. The PM will work alongside either the Project Management Director or a Senior Project Manager for each project, gaining experience, and progressing towards the capability to take the lead in the management of projects.
The Project Manager will typically be involved in a number of concurrent projects at any one time: of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages. Typical project tasks & responsibilities would include:
- Assisting in the management of all stages of various projects.
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.
- Managing and administering procurement processes for Design Teams and contractors: developing suitability assessment / tender documentation, assessing and scoring tender returns (as part of an assessment team), issuing post tender correspondence.
- Day to day coordination of project activity
- Performance and progress monitoring / tracking (both design progress and construction works progress) relative to agreed project milestones / goals.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams
- A degree in a construction work related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management.
- At least 3 years post-graduation experience; ideally in construction-related professional services, or alternatively in the management of construction works delivery.
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.
If you are interested in this job please go to https://www.greenjobs.ie/jobs/10479354/project-manager.asp to apply
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Ireland / EU.