- Responsible for performing professional process engineering research, development, and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems.
- Reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new processes.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications.
- Supports customer technology managers in the planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting of customer demos to defend existing process applications.
- Drives the adoption of new technology at the customer site. Works closely with customer to demonstrate and introduce new technologies at customer sites through demos, on site evaluations, and new tool qualifications.
- Works with customer and senior engineers cross functionally to understand roadmaps, process flow, inflection points, requirements and business issues/ challenges.
- Works with suppliers to make sure required parts and supplies are available
- Contributes to product development and release activities.
- May act as CTM-single point of contact accountable for process related requests.
- Ph.D./M.S. degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience as a Process Engineer in the semiconductor industry, preferably with a strong background in clean/wet etch processes
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques.
- In-dept understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Collaboration/ Matrix environment mindset.
This position is subject to the Austrian Collective Bargaining Agreement for Employees in the Metal Technology Industry in occupation group: G (https://www.metalltechnischeindustrie.at/fileadmin/content/Dokumente/Kollektivvertrag/KV_2021/Abschluss/Mindestgehaltstabelle.pdf). The monthly salary is paid 14 times per year. A higher payment is negotiable depending on expertise and skills.