We are seeking a Restaurant Director to lead, the George V restaurant, our fine dining offering and ensure all Team Members are carrying out the standards to a Forbes 5 star level.
The ideal candidate will:
• Deliver the ultimate fine dining experience for all guests in George V restaurant.
• Manage the service flow and including use of the gueridon trollies.
• Take ownership of budgets to manage and achieve budgetary goals including on payroll and expenses.
• Create staff rosters to ensure appropriate staffing levels and react accordingly to business requirements.
• Hire, train and supervise restaurant employees, including employee development at Supervisor level.
• Process payroll and maintain all relevant records.
• To at all times provide exceptional, anticipatory service and communicate feedback to both the management and George V team.
• Track stock levels of food, supplies and equipment, forecast needs and oversee ordering as necessary.
• Address customer needs, comments and complaints.
• Adhere to and enforce employee compliance with health, safety and sanitation standards.
• Report on all financial performance, inventory and personnel.
• Have previous restaurant management experience of 2 Rosette standard or similar.
• Previous experience working at Forbes 5* hotel preferred.
• Hospitality Degree and WSET Level 3 desirable.
- Fluent English - Spoken, Written and Reading
In choosing to join Ashford Castle, you become part of a significant piece of history, both of Ireland and the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. Through the grand stone gates, a royal adventure begins. This remarkable 800-year-old castle, widely recognised as Ireland’s top hotel destination and once home to the Guinness family, is exceptional in every sense. Discover exquisite interiors, delicious cuisine, a wealth of unique activities and a state-of-the-art spa. The extraordinary characters of the castle passionately care about each and every guest experience.
If this sounds like the Restaurant Director role for you, apply now!
Some of the Benefits available to the team:
• Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
• Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
• Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events
• Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
• Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
• Free meals on duty
• Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire