Research Informatics Specialist
Who are we and what will you be a part of?
Are you passionate about enabling the transformation of research data into knowledge? Then, you should join our team of Research Informatics specialists at Lundbeck and take part in the journey of restoring brain health.
Lundbeck’s Research Informatics department is looking for a Research Informatics Specialist to join our Research Informatics team. We are a team of 4 specialists with various backgrounds and expertise. We operate as a trusted partner to Lundbeck’s scientists within the research organization and collaborate closely with Corporate IT, Data Science and Bioinformatics to enable FAIR research data and lab efficiency. We are a dedicated team enjoying the switch between urgent problem solving and long-term strategy work driven by the increasing demands for FAIR data. We are responsible for the operation, development, and implementation of informatics applications within the research organization of Lundbeck.
This operational role is located at our headquarters in Valby, Denmark.
What will you be working with?
Our top priority is to maintain and further develop our information data model and the related systems for data capture and data sharing. The team facilitates the capture, harmonization, integration, globalization, and accessibility of Research data produced by our scientists internally and in collaboration with external partners and Contract Research Organizations. Lundbeck Research uses a variety of commercial applications and custom developed tools.
As Research Informatics Specialist in Research Informatics at Lundbeck you will be deeply involved in the development, configuration and integration of in-house software and commercial applications and tools. You will contribute to data and system architecture and actively be involved in strategic discussions to secure our Research Informatics platform meets Research needs for FAIR data. Part of your work will be to facilitate requirements gathering, perform vendor selection and engage with our users for day-to-day scientific application support. You will report to the head of Research Informatics and will interact closely with other research departments, corporate IT as well as external IT partners and Contract Research Organizations.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- University degree in Natural or Computer Sciences and several years of professional experience in the broad field of Research Informatics or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with implementation, integration, and configuration of scientific applications. Experience within pharma or biotech
- Ability to communicate effectively with scientists and IT professionals, both in writing and verbal communication/presentations
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally, with colleagues, suppliers, and other relevant parties.
- Willingness and ability to use a variety of tools in a very heterogeneous (sometimes ambiguous) environment to achieve science and business goals.
The below are a variety of requirements and we are looking for a person with a combination of one or more of the technical requirements and with the knowledge about Drug discovery Informatics:
- Experienced with SQL programming, data modelling, database design, expert level with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experienced in Java and web development.
- Programming skills in other languages e.g. .Net, Python
- Experience with REST API development.
- Experience from working with Scientific applications e.g., ELNs, workflow, query and visualization tools
- Knowledge about the drug discovery process e.g. biologics and small molecules, in vivo and invitro assays and lab automation
- Awareness of “FAIR Data Principles” and best practices to increase the value of data
Your colleagues would describe you as someone who is:
- Self-driven, proactive, and responsible.
- A team player, happy to share experience, workload, and information with your colleagues.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company based in Copenhagen, Denmark, tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
We offer a great workplace based on a flat structure, an informal and collaborative work environment based on respect and equality. We employ dedicated colleagues, encourage continuous development, and have a culture where each employee is respected and valued. Together, we create the ideal conditions for you and your job, so we can create better conditions for our patients.
We hope you are intrigued!
Please click on the link below to submit your application before the deadline 1st of December.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Want to learn more?
For further information, please contact:
Maria Alexandersson on email@example.com or +45 36 30 13 11.
Please note that all applications must be send directly through our career site:
Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
We also recommend that you have a look at our website, LinkedIn and Instagram