Full- or part-time job as kitchen employee on a unique location (Ameland), including board and lodging!
Are you ready for a new adventure as a cook? Do you have no plans for the upcoming time and do you want to make money? Besides that, are you hospitable, motivated, and enthusiastic? Then start working for us on the Wadden islands as a cook!
We are looking for nice people whom are willing to work hard, while having fun. Grinding in your vacation, weekend, or fulltime on Vlieland where it’s never boring!
Are you creative, a hard worker, and a king (or queen) in the kitchen? Do you know how to create the tastiest dishes or do want to help create these? Are you the type of person that gets satisfaction from happy guests and someone who sees unhappy guests as a challenge? Someone who is able to work hard, but simultaneously able to maintain a pleasant working environment? Then we are looking for you! From washing lettuce to grilling steaks and from cutting cucumber to a stunning creation on a plate, you feel at home in the kitchen and you can show your skills in there or you want to learn these skills!
Once you enter the work area you’ll be noticing the fun chaos already. You greet your colleagues in the kitchen and you wave to the busy barkeepers and waiting staff. You discuss with your chef what needs to be done still for the preparation. Are there any particulars and will we have big groups? The tasks are divided. Together with your colleagues you make sure the lunch dishes are sent to the restaurant rapidly while you make sure the preparations for the busy evening are ready. In the meantime you joke around with the dishwasher, you compliment a colleague on a nice dish, and you ask the waitress whether all guests are satisfied. Your shift flies by. After your shift you take a cold drink while overlooking the sea. Being a cook on an island isn’t so bad!
Working on Ameland
You will work in Hotel Noordsee, located in the pleasant village of Nes. Ameland is a tourist island with beautiful beaches, fine forests and heathlands, plenty of beautiful nature and outdoor opportunities! In addition, there are a number of cozy villages, with the necessary bars and of course you will find several beach pavilions on the beach!
But… working at WestCord doesn't just mean running and sweating during your shift. Because, in addition to a hard worker, we are also looking for someone who will sit with us on a terrace, someone who likes to get to know new people, who likes to spend free hours on the beach. Because in addition to being colleagues, we are also a close family at WestCord.
- Hospitable, open and spontaneous: These are your qualities!
- Hospitality is not unknown to you: you have the work experience in the same function or you want to develop yourself within this department.
- You have a flexible attitude and not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- You are deployable part-time or fulltime.
- Together with your colleagues, you make every day a new adventure.
- This position is available immediately. You are deployable in the weekends, holiday periods or regular fulltime of course.
We offer you a good hourly wage.
- From 16/17 years €10,65*
- From 18 years €12,43*
- From 19/20 years €13,61*
- From 21 years €13,91*
*Including vacation pay and vacation days, excluding tips.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
- Lodging: Possibilities for housing.