This vacancy applies to all the WestCord Hotels in Amsterdam: WestCord Art Hotel, WestCord City Centre Hotel, WestCord Fashion Hotel and Hotel Jakarta.
I am Christine, Housekeeping Manager at the WestCord City Centre Hotel for the past 5 years. My job is very challenging and diverse. I work closely with my housekeeping team, as well as the 0perational team and the Technical Manager. WestCord City Centre is a 3 star hotel, located in the center of Amsterdam, a 5-minute walk from the Kalverstreet, Dam Square and the Central Station. I am searching for new colleagues for our Housekeeping department, full-time as well as part-time. Most of the work will be in the rooms. That means getting the room spotlessly clean. The new guest should feel they are entering a brand new hotel room with a fresh bed that has never been slept in or rented out before. If we, as a team, succeed in this, then we have done our job!
There will be moments that we will request you to do a nightshift. Together we will take care of the public areas, including the public toilets. Easy, you would say? Not at all! It will be hard work, but we always try to have a lot of fun in between and that makes the day pass quickly.
WestCord City Centre Hotel
Working in the heart of Amsterdam, who does not like the sound of that?! The WestCord City Centre Hotel is just a 5 minute walking distance from The Dam square and 10 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station. This boutique hotel has 106 rooms and a recently renovated breakfast restaurant and lobby. We’re looking for new colleges with seniority; go-getters with dare and the will to educate others, to get them excited to give guest the best Hospitality service. People who enjoy (someone else’s) his/hers luck, hedonists that love to share their founded ‘pearls’ within the City of Amsterdam! Someone who can advise guests to make the most out of their stay in Amsterdam and give them an experience they will never forget.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- English is the official language in our team because communication is key!
- You are the hard worker that sets example as a part of an ambitious team
- Flexible deployment is not only expected from you, but also from me. We would prefer you to be available for City Center 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, but we understand this is not practical. It is nice if you can work a number of days during the week and at least 1 day over the weekend;
- Working independently is important, but you must also be able to perform as part of a team;
- You are willing to work at least 3 nights a month.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
We offer you a good hourly wage.
- From 16/17 years €10,65*
- From 18 years €12,43*
- From 19/20 years €13,61*
- From 21 years €13,91*
*Including vacation pay and vacation days, excluding tips.