Want to start your career as a Data Engineer?
Paid graduate training, ongoing support, and opportunities at leading global employers – the Alumni graduate program gives you everything you need. (And don’t worry, there’s no training bond. No exit fees, no hidden catches).
Here at Wiley Edge, we pair great graduates with brilliant global businesses. Our clients include tier-one investment banks and other organizations across a range of industries, from insurance to healthcare to travel.
What you’ll do:
- You will be operationalizing data science models to ensure all requirements, including functional, integration, security, performance, quality, and operations are covered
- You will be working on implementing projects and develop, build, configure, unit test, and implement data solutions based on lower level designs within the data infrastructure
- Ensure data solution technical functionality and meet requirements outlined in the design in terms of scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer-reviewed and formally documented according to company standards
- Unit test solutions to ensure that they meet quality standards
- Maintain, support and repair solutions to ensure performance in accordance with technical and functional specification
- Cooperate with other data engineers to make sure that the applications meet requirements and performance goals.
How the Alumni program works:
- Apply via this job advert.
- Complete our assessment process.
- Get trained at Wiley Edge Academy in an online class for 6 weeks with other graduates.
- Join a Wiley Edge client for 15 months
- The vast majority then convert to permanent employees with the client at the end of the program.
What you’ll learn at the Wiley Edge Academy:
- How to write a basic computer program in Python, including user input, common data structures, and flow of control.
- How to use MySQL to perform CRUD (create, read, update and delete) operations on a relational database stored in a MySQL Ser
- How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication skills and personal interactions.
- An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development processes.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree (2.8 German / 2.2. UK equivalent degree results) in Data Science, Comp Sci, management information systems, or related discipline
- The successful candidate must have a permanent right to work in Germany
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge in the field of application programming (python or Scala) and ETL/ELT experience
- Knowledge of Spark (Python, R or Scala), PySpark, Spark SQL, Pandas, and/or Spark Streaming
- exposure to big data technologies including Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Exposure to Databricks and Microsoft Azure Data Lake tools (Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Power BI, Logic Apps)
- Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of test-driven development
What you'll get:
- Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A generous graduate salary.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to building your career in an in-demand niche.
How to apply:
- Hit ‘Apply Now’ to tell us a bit about you.
- Complete the online assessment (we’ll send you a link by email).
- Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over the phone and via video.
- Lastly, you’ll interview one or more of our clients.
So you don’t miss out on your dream job, we encourage you to be open to relocating.
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each and every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we're proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but, most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.
Questions about our program and roles? Please get in touch with us at email@example.com