M&E Global Resources is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sheet Metal Mechanic to join our team.
Based in Illesheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior experience as a Sheet Metal Mechanic will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Sheet Metal Mechanic, working on a diverse range of equipment in an exciting environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
- Inspect and troubleshoot to determine cause of malfunctions; disassemble to point of trouble; adjust, repair, realign, fabricate, or replace defective components or assemblies.
- Assemble structural parts and components to meet requirements.
- Perform structural repair, modification, and corrosion protection treatment with respect to original strength, weight, and contour to maintain structural integrity.
- Ability to use jigs, fixtures, forms, and mouldings.
- Use metalworking equipment and tools to form, cut, bend, and fasten replacement or repair parts to damaged structures and components.
- Incorporate authorised modifications and changes.
- Must have skill in reading, applying, and interpreting technical data including schematics and engineering drawings.
- Assemble repairs using special fasteners and adhesives.
- Maintain and inspect tools and equipment.
- Assess damage to aircraft structural components.
- Check repairs for serviceability according to specifications and technical publications.
- Treat corrosion using mechanical and chemical procedures.
- Store, handle, and dispose of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Post entries and maintain maintenance and inspection records.
- Input, validate, and analyse data processed to automated systems. Clears and closes out completed maintenance discrepancies in automated maintenance systems.
- Recommend methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance procedures.
- Prepare forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- €250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of €200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.
Please note, we can only process candidates who hold a UK or EU passport.