The WORK IN ITALY  "Info Point" service  provides general information for EU nationals and Non-EU nationals about living and working conditions in Italy.

Every citizen of the European Union has the right to move and reside freely in Italy or within the territory of another Member State other than that of which he/she is a national. Different formalities are required depending on the length of stay (exceeding three months or shorter stay).

Non-EU nationals may have the right to work in an EU country or to be treated equally with EU nationals as regards conditions of work. These rights depend on their status as family members of

EU nationals and on their own nationality. Due to complex immigration procedures, employers may as well decide not to go through your application.  In order to be able to work in Italy and/or other European countries you will still have additional legal obligations and administrative procedures to go through to get access to the European labour market – and you’re not entitled to EURES mobility schemes.

As it is reiterated by the European Commission: Employment, social affairs and inclusion for non-EU citizens: “The freedom to move to another EU country to work without a work permit is a right for EU nationals”.

Many of EURES' services (in particular EURES on-line services) are freely available for any user with access to the web. If you already live and work in the EEA territory or Switzerland, you can contact a local or regional EURES Adviser to get advice. However, finding a job via EURES does not change the legal obligations and administrative procedures that may apply to non-EU citizens.

If you intend to move from a non-EEA country (except Switzerland) to live and work in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, often your own Ministry of Foreign Affairs can provide you with information on legal requirements to move abroad or refer you to useful information centres.

This Info point (prepared by EURES Italy) is dedicated to basic and first level information for EU nationals and Non-EU nationals interested in working in Italy,

We reiterate that the Italian Authority responsible for the entry and stay of non-EU citizens is the Ministry of the Interior.

If you are Non-EU nationals click here.

For more information and insights, follow the presentations:

  • Underestanding Italy: Pdf Video
  • Italian system overview: Pdf - Video
  •  What documents you'll need to: Pdf - Video
  •  Entries in Italy for study: Pdf - Video
  • Focus Seasonal Jobs: Pdf - Video