Information for visitors
Are you a jobseeker looking for a job in another European country? Would you like to know in what country to find the best opportunities for your profile? Do you have a precise idea where to move, but need more information before taking the step? Would you like to meet employers interested to recruit from abroad?
The European Job Days Paris 2013 will allow you to discover opportunities for job mobility throughout Europe. You will be able to meet employers and labour market experts (EURES Advisers) from many European countries, and even be interviewed on the spot or online by participating employers. There will also be a full programme of presentations, workshops and advice on living and working in the participating countries, as well as testimonials from jobseekers like you, who have made the move.
You will be offered a thorough support package to your job search in Europe.
How to attend?
The European Job Days Paris 2013 will take place on Paris' Place de la Concorde on the 3rd and/or 4th October, as part of the bigger “Paris pour l’emploi” event (www.parisemploi.org).
There are two ways to participate:
- Onsite: by attending the physical job fair in Paris (check how to get there). There you will be able to physically meet with EURES Advisers and employers from many European countries, and you will have the opportunity to follow interesting presentations, workshops and testimonials.
- Online: this year, for the first time, the European Job Days Paris will also be happening online from the website europeanjobdays.eu/paris. All presentations will be web-streamed live from the event and visitors will have the opportunity to have online interviews with employers and EURES Advisers via video-chat.
Where do I sign up?
Whichever way you wish to participate, in order to get the most out of this event you should prepare yourself by consulting the exhibitors and job offers well in advance, and applying for the ones you are most interested in.
Here is how to proceed:
- Register now and upload your CV
- If you already have a europeanjobdays.eu account from attending previous events, sign in with that account and register for this event under “My events”.
- You may choose to participate either onsite (at the physical event) or online (from your computer, anywhere in Europe), or even both (for example onsite the first day, and online the second day).
- Check the list of exhibitors (companies and countries) that will be participating in the event (use the “onsite” or “online” filters the left hand side). You can already note down their stand number to find them easily when you get there.
- Have a look at the programme of presentations and mark the ones you don’t want to miss. These presentations will be broadcast live on the website and you will be able to replay them after the event.
- Browse through the jobs on offer at the event and apply to the ones you are interested in and which really fit your profile. This means that the related exhibitor will be able to consult your CV and maybe invite you for an interview!
- Right before the event, you will receive your final interview schedule.
- Please bear in mind that you will only be able to apply / bookmark a job vacancy if you’re registered on the website as a Visitor. You can of course use the more traditional “How to apply” contact data to submit you application.
- Before applying, do your homework: research on the countries and the companies attending, and to which you are applying for, their most relevant projects and recruitment needs.
- If you are attending the onsite event, don’t forget to bring at least 10 printed copies of your CV in English to hand out to the employers and the EURES Advisers you will meet.
- If you are attending the online event, go to your interview at the scheduled time by clicking on the chat button on the corresponding exhibitors page.
- Arrive early so that you will get a chance to meet the exhibitors you are most interested in!