We are a Finnish consulting services company providing high-level IT expertise combined with business area specific know-how. We offer our customers more value by finding them the right people to help them do their business even better. We’re driven by mutual trust, exceptional expertise, and a thirst for knowledge. Openness and honesty build the foundation for all communication and cooperation with our customers and employees.
We are not your average consulting agency, that is for sure. Our core business is in creating long-term relationships with outstanding customer service.
Our customers look for exceptional knowhow in specific fields, which means we go to great lengths to make sure you feel comfortable working with MoVal. We take care of the paperwork and your contract is always with MoVal. In addition to traditional benefits like lunch and culture vouchers, we offer for example extensive health care. We have excellent employee satisfaction and we are proud of our talents.
We are pioneers in remote work and we have good management processes in place. MoVal has been building sustainable remote organisation since the company started in 2015. Your place of work may be at home, in clients premises or maybe a co-working space in your city would suit you? We are continuously looking for ways to improve and develop our operations both as employer and service provider, and your ideas and feedback are much valued!
Join our team ! - We’re always on the look out for bright and dedicated people to join the MoVal team!
Our customer create the technology to connect the world. Only our customer offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With their commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Bell Labs, they are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Their communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with theit radio networks, and their enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, they transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, they are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world.
We are looking for Kubernetes Specialist/SW Developer to join our team in Tampere.
Kubernetes Specialist/SW Developer
The target of the project is to develop automation and serviceability improvements for Customer Insight Foundations.
Looking for several senior professionals who has contributed to Kubernetes Open Source community or associated projects, and it is a plus if person has experience of doing e.g. own operators, controllers or schedulers.
Location in Tampere, after Covid, max 1-3 day weekly in the office required.
We are looking for a Cloud Architect & Kubernetes Developer for our client in Finland.
Following competencies are mandatory:
- Able to work proficiently with a number of different operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Proficient and In-depth knowledge of OpenStack, CEPH, and Kubernetes
- In-depth knowledge of networking associated technologies, including LAN/WAN, OSI, TCP/IP, File Transfer Protocols, Telnet and Secure Shell, Load balancer, Domain Name System, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, among others.
- Design knowledge for cloud architecture.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure configuration and deployment.
- Cloud service management skills .Knowledge of web and application servers.
- Ability to work with physical hardware and virtual machines etc.
- Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA),
During these exceptional times, we are operating mainly in remote work mode. However, there is sometimes a need to be present at the office in Espoo, Finland.
Our client L1 SW development unit in Finland is looking for talented people to help implement real-time embedded software solutions for 4G/5G/cloud base station products. This covers the whole SW development cycle, from analysing requirements, through implementation and testing, to final delivery to our customers. We operate according the Agile SW development process, working in specialised scrum teams covering many competence areas.
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. You will obtain meaningful, real-world product development experience, and work in a culture that values diversity, inclusivity, openness, and respect for all. And you will be part of a team of talented engineers and developers creating the next big thing in mobile communications.
What We Offer
· The chance to work on challenging and rewarding tasks
· Continuous learning opportunities
· Supportive, global environment working with world leading experts
· Exciting atmosphere while developing real products for our customers
· Flexible working hours
· The opportunity to expand into other competence areas thanks to the diverse teams
· A work culture where you will feel valued, trusted, and empowered
5G L1 Platform SW Developer
Depending on your background and area of interest, you could work in one or more of the following our development focus areas:
• Creating and maintaining the platform/middleware of the L1 SW stack
• 4G/5G feature implementation (C and/or C++)
• Code optimisation
• DevOps, and enabling continuous integration (Docker and Python)
• System design and architecture
• Testing (unit, component and integration)
• Planning and organising the work as part of global SW development teams
• Interface adaptation, testing and troubleshooting tool development, SW co-verification with Matlab models, build time optimization, maintaining good SW practices, and more
What We’re Looking For
• You are skilled in C/C++ or Python, both for development and testing
• You understand the significance of good SW practices for high quality SW, such as Agile development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
• You are open-minded, and passionate about learning new technologies and developing new skills
• You can work both independently and within a team, and have good communication skills
• Experience with Matlab and Linux development environments is appreciated
• Knowledge of processor architectures, signal processing, embedded systems, and real-time systems is appreciated
You are skilled in C/C++ or Python, both for development and testing
You understand the significance of good SW practices for high quality SW, such as Agile development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Knowledge of processor architectures, signal processing, embedded systems, and real-time systems is appreciated
Experience with Matlab and Linux development environments is appreciated
You can work both independently and within a team, and have good communication skills
You are open-minded, and passionate about learning new technologies and developing new skills
Experience in implementing wireless protocols, especially LTE and NR, is appreciated
Language Requirements: English
Job Duration : 01.02.2022-
Job Location : Espoo, Finland. Currently all work is done remotely due the Covid-situation. In the future it is expected that the person is present in the office at least two days a week, remote work is partly possible.
We are looking Storage developer.
Customer’s architecture team designs and develops solutions that allows Customer to access cloud solutions on private and public premises. We offer solutions from bare metal CaaS (k8s) to openstack and AWS, Azure, GCP solutions. Customer is looking for a technical lead to their public cloud service development through automation of account management, security concepts and new service innovation. One early focus is to design and develop concepts and contribute to integration of public cloud edge solutions in Customer environments (like AWS outpost Anthos, Azure stack).
Customer global team develops and maintains IaaS (Openstack) and CaaS (k8s) platforms, in this environment they offer for Cloud Platform Architect opportunity to work with one of largest private clouds and large kubernetes clusters both on top of IaaS and baremetal.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Storage developer will be contributing to Customer software defined storage solutions. Customer is extending its storage offering from CEPH based Block and S3 services to CEPH FS and Kubernetes storages and needs eager people to help with the new challenges.
Mandatory: CEPH, S3, Linux administration,
Nice to have: Kubernetes, Openstack, Agile, Understanding of Ansible and Terraform is a plus
Language : English
Location : Espoo + partly remote 30%+70%
Start date and project duration :
1.2.2022 or as soon as Candidate can start. Project is expected to continue for time being.
Important! The potential candidates should approve the security clearance in accordance with “Turvallisuusselvityslaki 2014/726”.
We are looking for a C++ expert in development with database knowledge for our client.
- Cross-platform C++ development (Windows,linux)
- extensive knowledge of the standard library, STL containers and algorithms
- understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- templating in C++
- dynamic polymorphism
- basic understanding on data models (on abstract and concrete implementation level)
- Relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL with C++
- object tree model storage in relational DB
- You have a minimum of three years of experience in similar tasks.
- All documentation is in English but we are expecting intermediate Finnish language skills spoken and written.
We are looking for enthusiastic professional who have hands-on attitude, problem solving mind and ability to make great ideas a reality.
C++ development skills and experience in relational databases is the most important for us.
Our main focus is on Windows platform, but we also hope you know what developing cross-platform asset (both Linux and Windows as platforms) means.
You should have earlier experience in working on agile software development teams. Test automation, continuous integration and common DevOps practices are familiar to you.
Key tech experience items:
Cross-platform C++ development (Windows,linux)
-extensive knowledge of the standard library, STL containers and algorithms
-understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
-templating in C++
-basic understanding on data models (on abstract and concrete implementation level)
Relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL with C++
-object tree model storage in relational DB
- Good to have Cassandra DB knowledge
Ways of working
-test driven development
-good spoken and written English language skills
-ability to learn and adapt quickly
The location of the workplace is Tampere ,as an example, 3 local working days / 2 remote working days, according to the team agreement but we do not reimburse travel expenses. Salary range according to skills and experience 4000€-6000€ / per month.
Working for MoVal
We are not your average staffing & recruitment agency, that is for sure. Our core business is in long-term relationships both with you, our main asset, and our customers, who benefit from an external HR partner.
Our customers look for exceptional and niche knowhow in specific IT fields, which means we go to great lengths to make sure you feel comfortable working with MoVal. We take care of the paperwork and your contract is always with MoVal. In addition to traditional benefits like lunch and culture vouchers, we offer for example extensive health insurance covering both old and new injuries, at work or off-duty. We have excellent employee satisfaction and we are proud of our talents.