The Application Engineer, as part of our Technical Support Team, will be responsible for resolving tier-1 and tier-2 customer problems. In this role, the engineer will work closely with Synopsys developers and existing technical support staff to provide high-quality support to our customers. Tasks essential to this position include:
- Troubleshoot incoming customer problems through email and/or phone conversations.
- Work with existing global teams and developers to provide resolution to customer issues.
- Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from some of the world’s brightest developers and software architects.
- Support the product release process of new versions
- Develop documentation, Knowledge Base articles, best practices, troubleshooting guides and Whitepapers
- Create and improve on existing test environments
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a fantastic global team
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in technical support or development
- Ability to read and debug one or more of the following languages C/C++, C#, Objective C, Java
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with variety of industry hardware platforms, operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc.).
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards (e.g. TCP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SIP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Extensive technical expertise; the ability to solve problems and determine the root cause of issues.
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic.
- Ability to use and train others on the use of development tools, software, and advanced troubleshooting procedures. Must be able to tailor content to meet the needs of the client.
- Effective handling of multiple critical, client support situations and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy.
- Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona.
- Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results-oriented.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
Synopsys - Future employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uDnYMijINA
Synopsys offers the most comprehensive portfolio of software security solutions in the market. We go beyond traditional testing services to help our clients identify, remediate, and prevent vulnerabilities in the applications that power their business. Our holistic approach to application security offers a balance of managed and professional services and products tailored to fit your specific needs. We don’t stop when the test is over. Our experts also provide remediation guidance, program design services, and training that empower you to build and maintain secure applications.