M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Technician to join our team.
Based in Hohenfels, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior vehicle technician experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site. You will need a C or C + E licence for this contract. If you do not have this licence, please contact our recruitment team as we may have other suitable contracts available for you.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Vehicle Technician, working on a diverse range of US Military vehicles such as Humvees, Hemmets, 5 Tonne Trucks, MRAPS and many more in an exciting environment.
General job description
- Diagnose system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using technical manuals.
- Inspect, repair, and replace components, engines, transmissions, and sub-assemblies.
- Identify parts in repair manuals and places order request for needed parts.
- Perform annual services on equipment fleet.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- €275 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Progression and opportunities for promotion to lead mechanic or inspector.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of €150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.