Are you passionate about Raw Material and Formulation Management? And do you have a talent for formulation optimization and maintenance of corporate formulations? Then you might be our new colleague at Hempel.
With our Double Impact strategy, our ambition is to double Hempel’s revenue by 2025 through both organic growth and mergers or acquisitions. To support this ambition our R&D department Global Raw Material and Formulation Management is taking responsibility for providing support to the Hempel Group regarding maintenance of formulations, raw material compliance and availability and delivering support to Supply Chain.
Here’s some of the other things you can look forward to:
You will be joining a dedicated team of 10 colleagues in the Global Raw Material and Formulation Management team. You will work in close cooperation with other team members, in an intersection between R&D, Supply Chain and Procurement in a global environment. This is an important role where you can give your contribution to make sustainable products.
Your tasks consist of, but are not limited to:
- Secure that all Hempel formulations are maintained and updated to best practice in a uniform way
- Ensure formulation compliance
- Maintain and optimise formulations to secure alignment, cost and quality
- Evaluate existing formulas and suggest cost optimisation and alignment in both local, regional and group products
- Assistance to Supply Chain related to formulations
- Support to raw material shortage situations
- Secure Hempel’s raw material availability by testing and approving alternative raw materials
- Coordinate testing of alternative raw materials within R&D
- Raw material testing
- Approve alternative raw materials
- Evaluate suppliers specifications
- Review, optimise and update Hempel’s internal raw materials documentations
- Update of laboratory instructions and development of new test methods for raw material
We’re looking for an experienced R&D specialist
We expect that you have a degree at Bachelor or similar level. You have a minimum of 3 years R&D and/or P-Lab experience, and a solid background in coating chemistry, and with formulations. We expect that you have strong communications skills, and are fluent in English – both verbally and written. Moreover, you are computer-literate at user level, e.g. MS Office.
It is important that you are self-driven and able to work independently and that you are prepared to take decisions based on your education and knowledge. Finally, you have a strong personal drive, and are a pro-active team player.
Global career possibilities
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development. Join a global company where the employees are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do. With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via our recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply‘.
Final deadline for applications is 18 May 2022.
For further information about the job, please contact R&D Manager Thomas Boeder, on TBO@hempel.com.
Across the globe, Hempel’s coatings solutions protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915 by J.C. Hempel, and is solely owned by the Hempel Foundation, which not only ensures a solid economic base for the company, but is dedicated to making a difference in the world by empowering children to learn, supporting coatings science and sustaining biodiversity.